[Sticky] 2024 Challenge Q&A

24 Posts
8 Users
9 Likes
Alex Crane
Admin
(@crane550)
Club President

I have them. Reach out to me directly and we can arrange to get it to you.

Registered
(@daltonhamilton)

One note of caution for #18.  I took Paddock Val Powerline Trail north and expected to be able to turn left (go west) at the trail intersection at 44.18841, -116.57492.  onX Offroad web page doesn't show it as private property but when I arrived at that point, the trail is not much of a trail and was very wet (risk of get stuck on a big GS1250) and to top-it-off, a big Private Property sign was posted (no fence).  I then pulled out my iPhone and onX App on iPhone clearly shows it as "Soulen Livestock Co."  I find it interesting that the onX web page doesn't (and I used my desktop to build the GPX). 

So looking further north to the intersection at 44.21405, -116.58450 also shows that trail/rd is owned by Soulen Livestock Co so I would expect a Private Property sign there as well.  Now that I think about it, was that sign "Private Property" or was there some other indication of "No Trespassing" also.  Maybe "Private Property" also means "No Trespassing" inherently??

So if I look South and to the West, I see an approach via "Paddock Ch" rd/trail and also see "Paddock Valley Rd" that go up to #18 marker.  However, those both come in by crossing private land of "Sutton Steven B" at 44.16768, -116.61344.

Does anyone know a good route to get to #18?

thanks

Dalton Hamilton

Alex Crane
Admin
(@crane550)
Club President

@specialed do you know a good route into this challenge site?

DaveBracht
Registered
(@davebracht)

Hello, it looks like sites 40 and 41 are both the Yellowpine pit? I hit Yellowpine today but couldn't make it up to Stibnite due to the snow. Noticed it when I tried to log it. Thanks

2 Replies
Alex Crane
Admin
(@crane550)

Club President

@davebracht They are two different sites. The pit might still be inaccessible. 40 is Yellow Pine Pit which is up higher, and 41 is just Yellowpin in town.

DaveBracht
Registered
(@davebracht)

@crane550 If I click on 40 and 41 they both show 40 the pit. I assume 41 is the sign in town. Try clicking on the sites 40 and 41

KaptSlow
Registered
(@kaptslow)

Challenge points 40 and 41 are 8 miles apart as the crow flies.

Screenshot 2024 04 15 063813
6 Replies
DaveBracht
Registered
(@davebracht)

@kaptslow I understand where they are. The issue is if you try to log them they both show as the pit #40. It's a website entry error? Click on them like you are trying to log in and see. #40 and #41

KaptSlow
Registered
(@kaptslow)

@davebracht Now I see what you mean. Yes, the link for site 41 is incorrect.

DaveBracht
Registered
(@davebracht)

@kaptslow I tried getting to the pit. Made it to about mile marker 2 on the Stibnite road and hit a sheet of ice. Had to turn back. Its maintained for travel just not for 2 wheelers just yet.

Alex Crane
Admin
(@crane550)

Club President

@davebracht Ah, got it. Looks like both links on the list took you to Yellow Pine Pit. Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now.

DaveBracht
Registered
(@davebracht)

@crane550 thank you! 🙂

Alex Crane
Admin
(@crane550)

Club President

@davebracht Anytime! Thanks for pointing out the issue.

Page 2 / 3